One of our favorite new cocktails for the summer is Nopalito’s El Diablo cocktail. This refreshing tequila cocktail is a perfect alternative to the margarita. It’s ingredients are tequila, ginger beer, lime juice, and cassis. Large ice cubes stacked in a tall glass are perfect for this cocktail. Use an ice cube tray like this or this to get large cubes, then grate a little fresh lime zest on top for garnish.
To celebrate the release of the new Nopalito Cookbook, we’re giving away a copy to one of our insiders (in partnership with Ten Speed Press). Giveaway Now Closed: Sign up here to enter to win. If you are already on our insider email list, you’re already entered! You must be 21 or over to enter. Giveaway closes on May 29 at 11:59 p.m. PT. One person will be chosen at random. We will email you directly with the details if you’ve been chosen. This giveaway is now closed.
- 2 ounces blanco tequila, such as Pueblo Viejo
- 3⁄4 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice, plus finely grated lime zest for garnish
- 3 ounces ginger beer, such as Bundaberg
- 1 to 2 dashes crème de cassis or another berry cordial
- Add the tequila and lime juice to a cocktail shaker.
- Add a small amount of ice, and shake once quickly (just to chill, not dilute).
- Strain into a Collins glass and add the ginger beer and crème de cassis.
- Add ice and garnish with the lime zest.