The Italian Bakery: Step-by-Recipes with the Silver Spoon by The Silver Spoon Kitchen is now available.
Almond Milk and Sea Salt Truffles: Tartufi al latte di mandorla e sale
- 10½ oz (300 g) bittersweet dark chocolate
- 3½ fl oz (scant ½ cup/100 ml) almond milk
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 oz (scant ½ cup/50 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- coarse sea salt flakes or black sea salt flakes
- To make a chocolate ganache, finely chop the chocolate and place in a bowl. Pour the almond milk into a small saucepan and bring almost to boiling point over low heat.
- Slowly pour the almond milk onto the chopped chocolate, stirring continuously with a silicone spatula as you do so, then add the olive oil. Continue to mix until you have a smooth, even cream. Let cool a little and then cover with plastic wrap (cling film). Leave in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or until thick and starting to become firm. Using an electric whisk, whisk until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop a small quantity of ganache and use a second teaspoon to shape into an irregular ball. Transfer to the refrigerator and leave the balls to cool for 30 minutes. Sprinkle the cocoa powder onto a baking sheet, then place the ganache balls onto the tray and shake the tray until the balls are covered in cocoa. Decorate each truffle with sea salt flakes or black sea salt flakes. Store in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
Reprinted from The Italian Bakery: Step-by-Recipes with the Silver Spoon by The Silver Spoon Kitchen. © 2021 Phaidon Press.