Looking for a last-minute gift? We love to give cookbooks! They’re the perfect gift for someone who enjoys cooking, wants to travel through food, or wants to learn how to make a new cuisine. There are some excellent new cookbooks out this season from the famous New York City bakery Maman, beloved Parisian restaurant Septime, and The Italian Bakery from the Silver Spoon.
- Getaway: Food & Drink to Transport You
Renee Erickson is one of our favorite authors. Her recipes are always so good and simple. Renee has collected recipes inspired by some of the best food destinations in the world including Rome, Paris, London, Baja, and Seattle.
- Claudia Roden’s Mediterranean: Treasured Recipes from a Lifetime of Travel
- Pasta: The Spirit and Craft of Italy’s Greatest Food, with Recipes
You’ll learn all about traditional sauces and the shapes of pasta and how to pair them.
- Liguria: The Cookbook: Recipes from the Italian Riviera
Featuring regional Ligurian specialties like pesto, focaccia, and desserts.
- The Way of the Cocktail: Japanese Traditions, Techniques, and Recipes
Japanese-inspired cocktails by season.
- Take One Fish: The New School of Scale-to-Tail Cooking and Eating
Learn about fish from “nose to tail” with a variety of non-traditional creative recipes.
- Wine Style: Discover the Wines You Will Love Through 50 Simple Recipes
This is a great book for a beginner wine enthusiast. Learn about wine pairings and easy recipes from our friend Kate Leahy.
For those of you missing Paris, try one of the following cookbooks:
- World Food: Paris: Heritage Recipes for Classic Home Cooking
Traditional Parisian bistro and comfort food.
- La Buvette: Recipes and Wine Notes from Paris
Natural wine bar bites from our friend Kate Leahy.
- Septime, La Cave, Clamato, D’une île
A mixture of delicate fine dining recipes and more casual ones from the Septime team’s wine bar, Clamato, and countryside B&B.
Get one of the following books for the baker in your life. You’ll find everything from German Christmas cookies, Italian desserts, famous NYC cookies, and British pies:
- Advent: Festive German Bakes to Celebrate the Coming of Christmas
- Swiss Cookie Book
- All Day Baking: Savory, Not Sweet
- Maman: The Cookbook: All-Day Recipes to Warm Your Heart
- The Italian Bakery: Step-by-Step Recipes with the Silver Spoon
- La Vita e Dolce: Italian–Inspired Desserts
Love Asian cuisine? I’ve you’ve ever wanted to learn how to make it at home, these are a few great ways to start.
- Crave: Recipes Arranged by Flavor, to Suit Your Mood and Appetite
- Chinese Takeout in 5: 80 of Your Favorite Dishes Using Only Five Ingredients
- Xi’an Famous Foods: The Cuisine of Western China, from New York’s Favorite Noodle Shop
- The Curry Guy Bible: Recreate Over 200 Indian Restaurant and Takeaway Classics at Home