Ricotta Pesto Pasta is one of the easiest things you’ll ever make for lunch or dinner. This summer, we made a huge batch of our own fresh pesto and froze it in individual servings, so last weekend we took some of our pesto, combined it with ricotta cheese and voila, you have this super easy and delicious pasta. We used this fun shape of pasta, but you could use other shapes like this or this.
Make your own pesto, or buy jarred pesto (like this). You ‘ll want to buy the best ricotta that you can find. We recommend looking for hand dipped, because often ricotta cheese can be grainy, and you definitely don’t want that. Fresh ricotta will make a flavorful, creamy sauce that coats the pasta well. Click here for more pasta tips and recipes.
Easy Ricotta Pesto Pasta
- Boil a large pot of salted water.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions, but 1 minute less than directed.
- Save 1 cup of pasta water.
- Drain the pasta.
- Add the ricotta, pesto, and a little bit pasta water to the pan in a lower heat. You can always add more if needed, but start with a few tablespoons - 1/4 cup.
- Stir to combine well.
- Return the pasta to the pan and combine with the sauce.
- Salt and pepper to taste.