Looking for an appetizer for your next party? Try this light, healthy spin on our favorite spinach artichoke dip. It’s the perfect all-year dip – serve it cold in the summer or hot in the winter. The only problem with classic spinach artichoke dip is that it’s loaded with calories in the form of mayonnaise and sour cream.
We recently discovered Bolthouse Farms MAIO which is a yogurt-based mayonnaise alternative . It has one gram of fat, is lower in calories (only 20 per tablespoon!), and it’s the perfect base for a healthier version of this party favorite! We feel a lot less guilty eating this by the pool!
We used the garlic MAIO in this dip. It has chopped garlic already in it, so there’s one less thing to prep. We already have some other great ideas for how we’re going to incorporate MAIO into our cooking as summer heats up.
If you’re looking for the perfect dip to bring to a party, try this one. It’s simple, easy, and delicious — a guaranteed crowd pleaser! You can find MAIO in the refrigerated produce section nearby Bolthouse Farms salad dressings.
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots (instructions here)
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts, sliced thinly
- Extra virgin olive oil to coat the pan
- 8oz chopped frozen spinach
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 8-ounce bottle Bolthouse Farms MAIO Garlic
- Salt and pepper, as needed
- Place a large skillet over medium heat, and drizzle in enough olive oil just to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the shallots and cook just until they begin to soften.
- Add the artichoke hearts and spinach and cook, stirring frequently, until the artichoke hearts are tender and the spinach is soft. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add MAIO to the vegetables, along with the grated parmesan cheese. Use a small rubber spatula to stir the ingredients until everything is well incorporated and the dip is smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- If serving cold, transfer to a covered container and chill in the refrigerator until ready to use. If serving warm, heat the oven to 350°F and heat, covered, in an oven safe dish for 5 minutes.
Thank you to Bolthouse Farms MAIO for sponsoring this post.