The Manhattan is one of the most classic of all cocktails and also happens to be one of our favorites. It’s history is unclear, but many believe it to have been invented at the Manhattan Club in New York during the 1870’s.
We think fabulous cocktails deserve to be presented with style, and these classic cocktail glasses are perfect for this Manhattan. They remind us of glamorous old American bars of the 1920’s and 30’s. We also love these, these, and these (one of us has a slight obsession with barware).
We like to make our stirred cocktails in a pitcher like this, this, or this. Since it’s crystal, the ice doesn’t stick, however you can still successfully make it in a shaker.
Manhattans are typically garnished with a cherry. We use Luxardo cherries. Three of them. We put our cherries on these beautiful silver cocktail picks from Ercuis. They are hard to find, but we also love these top hat ones, these equestrian themed ones, these more minimalist ones, and these that come with a holder.
- 3 parts bourbon or rye
- 1 part Carpano Antica vermouth
- 2 dashes of Angostura bitters
- 3 Luxardo cherries
- Fill a martini glass with ice to allow the glass to chill.
- Add bourbon or rye, vermouth, and bitters to a cocktail shaker or pitcher filled with ice. Stir until well chilled.
- Discard the ice from your martini glass and strain the cocktail into your chilled glass.
- Garnish with cherries on a cocktail pick.
Thanks for sharing with us and keep posting…
Comments are closed.