Summer is officially here, so we’re kicking off our new summer cocktail series with Hog Island Oyster Co. Hog Island is our go-to place for oysters, with locations in the San Francisco Ferry Building, the oyster farm in Marshall, the bar in Napa, and the soon to reopen Tony’s.
We’ll be sharing one cocktail recipe each week from the San Francisco location’s bar manager Saul Ranella. Make sure you check back each week for the new cocktail recipe. All of them would be perfect for your summer barbecue.
The first cocktail that we’re sharing is the Sacred Cenote, a delicious mezcal and amaro cocktail. If you’re planning a party, you can pick up oysters to go at the Hog Island Oyster farm or one of the oyster bars. Tip: To make the honey syrup, just warm two parts honey to one part water in a pan on the stove.
Saul serves the cocktail in a cognac class and garnishes it with thin wheels of lime in each side of the glass. Finally, he tops it with a crown of mint and three dashes of bitters. Rolling the mint in your hands will help release the aromatics. Check out the next cocktail.
- 1 oz Agave de Cortes Mezcal
- 1 oz Canella Amaro
- 1 oz Honey Syrup*
- 3 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 1 Lime
- 6 Mint Leaves and Sprig for Garnish
- Soda Water
- Shake mint, mezcal, amaro, honey syrup, and lime juice in a shaker.
- Double strain it into a cognac glass.
- Garnish with lime wheels on the side of the glass.
- Add some ice and top with soda water.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and three dashes of bitters.
Don’t miss out on the upcoming cocktails! Check back weekly or sign up below to get the them sent directly to your inbox.