Grand Hotel Tremezzo’s chic wine bar is set in a renovated wine cellar, with a beautiful veranda that wraps along the front of the hotel and overlooks Lake Como. It’s perfect for a casual, romantic dinner for two. For wine lovers, we found some prized bottles by rare and natural producers, something that can be difficult at luxury hotels and fine dining restaurants.
We ordered a chilled bottle of Barraco Grillo, a Sicilian white wine to pair with our fresh Sicilian prawns, and had a lovely candlelight dinner. Our favorite dish was the Catalana-style prawns, the recipe for which you can find below. Served cold with crisp white wine, it was the perfect dish for a hot summer night.
MAZARA DEL VALLO PRAWNS IN CATALANA STYLE
- Mazara del Vallo red prawns
- Tropea red onion
- Green salad
- Dressing made with: Tuscan olive oil, lemon, salt, Mengazzoli’s white vinegar.
- Clean and wash the red prawns, and then steam them. Cool and set aside.
- Wash all the salad and vegetables.
- Slice carrots, fennel, basil leaf and red onion thinly. Combine the ingredients to make the dressing.
- Put in the base of the dish the salad and all the vegetables, put the prawns on top and dress everything with the dressing (with all the ingredients already mixed together).