Something that we already miss about glamping at The Resort at Paws Up is waking up on a chilly morning and walking over to the camp pavilion for a delicious breakfast cooked to order. They make everything on the grill and can pretty much make anything you want, from a custom omelet to these freshly made huckleberry pancakes. Two of our favorite things were their spicy jalapeno cheddar sausage from Kalispell, and the huckleberry pancakes.
These are some of the fluffiest pancakes we’ve ever had. Topped with huckleberry syrup – the best! Thankfully, Executive Chef Ben Jones has shared the recipe with us. If you can’t find huckleberries, you could substitute blueberries. Give it a try! It’s the perfect way to start out the day before a whirlwind day of adventure of horseback riding or fly fishing.
- Mix together all of the ingredients (except for the berries and granola).
- Heat a skillet or griddle. Add butter to the griddle, once slightly melted, add batter to the griddle to make a 4 inch pancake.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of huckleberries and 1 Tablespoon of granola to each pancake.
- Once browned on one side, flip and cook until slightly browned on the other side.
- To serve top with huckleberry syrup.