As you probably know, we love a good Negroni. It’s one of our go-to Italian cocktails. Damon Boelthe of Grand Army in Brooklyn and Michael Harlan Turkell of Acid Trip bring us this twist on a Negroni using balsamic vinegar, fresh strawberries, and sliced cucumber. Something that we love about Boelthe’s Balsamic Negroni is that it’s also batched so you can make a pitcher or bottle and serve it to guests easily. The perfect summer cocktail!
You can find more vinegar based cocktails and other recipes in Acid Trip: Travels in the World of Vinegar.
- 16 oz 180 ml Campari
- 16 oz 180 ml Cocchi Vermouth Di Torino
- 16 oz 180 ml Gin, Beefeater preferred
- ½ pint 165 g Strawberries, sliced
- ½ English Cucumber, sliced
- ½ cup 120 ml Balsamic Vinegar, DOP
- In the pitcher, mix together Campari, vermouth, and gin. Add the sliced strawberries and cucumber, let sit for 30 minutes for all the flavors to mingle, then top with ice.
- To serve, put a few ice cubes in a rocks glass, pour in 6 ounces (120 to 180 ml) of the Negroni, and float 1 tablespoon of the balsamic vinegar on top.
Excerpt from Acid Trip by Michael Harlan Turkell, published by ABRAMS c 2017. Photo credit Michael Harlan Turkell.