We were asked to serve a soup at our New Year’s Eve party. We thought a chilled pea, mint, and crab soup would be perfect because we wouldn’t have to keep it hot! This soup was inspired by Tyler Florence’s pea shooters. We made a few adjustments to ours, made it in the Vitamix, and served it with Alaskan King Crab since the Dungeness Crab season is still on hold in California. We left off the crab topping for our friend Boonsri who doesn’t eat seafood. It was still a beautiful and flavorful soup that would also be a perfect vegan option!
Check out photos from our New Year’s Eve party with Stacie Flinner here, and view more of our recipes from our New Year’s Eve party here, here, and here. Our friend Boonsri liked it so much, it was requested at her baby shower!
- 1 16 oz bag of frozen peas, thawed
- ¾ cup plus more olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ cup mint leaves
- 14 oz vegetable stock
- 16 oz lump crab
- ½ cup mint, chiffonade
- In a Vitamix blender, blend together the peas, chicken stock, mint leaves, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Slowly add the olive oil on low until the soup emulsifies. Taste for more oil, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix the crab, mint, a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a topping of the crab mixture, fresh cracked pepper, and a sprinkle of Maldon sea salt.