We like to use this electric pressure cooker not only to make quinoa, but also to cook dried beans (see how), rice (see how), and other grains quickly. It keeps the flavor while giving us a quick result. This is one of our favorite time-saving tools in the kitchen.
Make sure to rinse your quinoa, otherwise, it might taste bitter. If you don’t have an electric pressure cooker, it usually takes about 20 minutes to cook. Try this chilled quinoa salad recipe for an easy meal or lunch.
How to make quinoa in an electric pressure cooker
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken stock, or water
- good pinch of salt
- Rinse the quinoa in a strainer under cold water.
- Add the liquid, quinoa, and salt to the pressure cooker.
- Set the level to high and timer to 1 minute.
- Let the quinoa sit for 10 minutes.
- Release any steam and fluff with a fork.
- Salt and pepper as needed.
Note: You can use this as a base for a quinoa salad like this one. Quinoa tends to be a more neutral base that picks up flavors of the things it’s cooked with, so you can cook other vegetables, herbs, or spices in it to give different flavors.