Our friends Timothy and Brittany served a version of this simple and delicious quinoa salad at their wedding in Point Reyes. It was fantastic! So when we were asked to make something for our friend Boonsri’s baby shower we thought it would be perfect. This chilled quinoa salad was perfect since it’s vegetarian, vegan, nut-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free. It was super simple to make and everyone could enjoy it. You can check out a 360 video that Boonsri made from the baby shower below.
We like to use our Cuisinart Electric Pressure Cooker not only to make quinoa, but also to cook dried beans, rice, and other grains quickly. We also made a chilled pea and mint soup for the shower. Get that recipe here.
- 3 cups cooked quinoa, cooled (see recipe here)
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- ½ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- ½ lime, juiced
- ¾ cup mint, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, diced
- olive oil
- Sauté the onion and celery in a small amount of olive oil and let cool.
- In a large bowl, toss quinoa, onion, celery, cranberries, green onions, mint, parsley, apple, and lime juice.
- Add olive oil as needed and salt and pepper to taste.
- If the salad is too dry, add more olive oil until you reach the desired consistency.