Without trying too hard, green vegetable enchiladas are the perfect way to incorporate more vegetables into your meal. They’re delicious and easy! We’ve been looking for more vegetable-centric meals, so we made these green vegetable enchiladas for dinner. Not only do they make an easy and fantastic dinner, but for two people, they make leftovers for another dinner or a few lunches.
Choose from whatever vegetables are in season. We roasted a combination of cauliflower, asparagus, onions, zucchini, and bell peppers. Top with cheese, enchilada sauce, and salsa. (Use our easy green tomatillo salsa recipe.) Allowing us to take our enchiladas from oven to table, we used our gratin pan. Any extras…just cover and pop into the fridge once cooled.
How do you incorporate more vegetables into your meals? Let us know. We’d love to hear your ideas.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cut vegetables to a similar size.
- Toss the vegetables in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread on baking sheet, and roast until they are fork-tender (about 25-30 minutes).
- Fill and roll each tortilla with vegetable mixture and some cheese. If tortillas are too stiff, warm them for a few seconds until they become more pliable. Place the rolled tortillas in a shallow baking dish or gratin pan.
- Top with enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Top with salsa and serve.