All of the Crawford Family wines are seriously delicious and food friendly. This grilled nectarine salad a perfect pairing for their Tin Shack Chardonnay.
If you don’t have a grill, you can use a cast iron pan or a gill pan. It would also be great with fish (recipes here, here, and here). You could also use different stone fruit like peaches or plums in place of the nectarines. You’ll want to use fruit that is ripe.
- Salad greens, washed and dried
- 6-8 very ripe stone fruit, such as peaches or nectarines
- ½ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup pistachios, chopped
- Grilled Lemon and Shallot Vinaigrette (see recipe)
- Rinse and dry the stone fruit, then cut it in half and remove the pits. Heat a grill or cast iron pan. Brush fruit with olive oil and place, cut side down, on a preheated grill or cast iron grill pan. If using a pan, it should be hot enough that the stone fruit easily releases without sticking. When the fruit is charred, remove to a plate and set aside.
- On a large serving platter, arrange the salad greens and fruit. Top with crumbled blue cheese and pistachios.
- Drizzle with Meyer Lemon and Shallot Vinaigrette when ready to serve.